Please note: We are currently not accepting applications for this residency.
Our Launchpad Residency supports the artistic and organizational growth of an emerging Boston-area performing arts company—a theatre, dance, or music company or ensemble. This multi-year residency provides resources to further develop artistic excellence, organizational growth, and audience engagement. We invite taking artistic risks, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary creativity, and challenging, provoking, and moving audiences.
Goals will be determined based on the group’s needs. The residency will last at least 24 months, beginning July 1. Near the midpoint of the second year, we will evaluate the company’s work in the program and may offer a one-year extension.
Resources will be designed to meet the needs of the company and will include access to rehearsal and performance spaces, mentorship, administrative and production support, marketing, and a platform for producing and performing innovative new work.
- Company must be based in the Boston metropolitan area (within route 495)
- Company must have a production history of at least three years
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion must be evident in season planning, staff, performers, and board
- Priority is given to companies committed to new work and/or new takes on classic work
- Company must be committed to growing the organization
- Company must be committed to paying artists a reasonable stipend
- Individuals must have a demonstrated and robust commitment to their artistic practice and engaging the community
Note: This incubation program is not intended for already well-established performing arts companies.