The Boston Dancemakers Residency supports two Boston-area dance artists who are striving to develop, adapt or reinvent their creative process. Produced through a partnership between Boston Center for the Arts (BCA) and Boston Dance Alliance (BDA), the residency serves as a laboratory for ideas that are in the exploratory phase and need dedicated time and space to be fully realized.
- Lead artists must be residents of the Boston metropolitan area (within route 495)
- Ensemble/company must include a minimum of three local dancers
- Choreographer must have created original work for a minimum of four years and have presented the equivalent of one full evening (60 minutes) of their work within the past two years
- Students enrolled in either undergraduate or graduate programs in any field are not eligible
- Once awarded a Boston Dancemakers Residency, artists must wait at least three full years before reapplying for the program
- Applicants must be current BDA members at the time of application and throughout the residency period
We are currently accepting applications for this residency!
The Boston Dancemakers Residency is made possible with support from the Aliad Fund at The Boston Foundation, the National Endowment for the Arts, Molly McDonald, and John G.F. Ruggieri Lam and John D. Lam.