Please note: Applications for the 2020-2021 Push Project Residency are now closed.
Our Push Project Residency supports one theatre company, individual artist, or group of artists, this year-long residency provides resources to develop a new theatrical work.
Residents will be selected by invitation or through an open call. If selected via open call, a panel of artists will review and submit a recommendation for the residency. This residency begins July 1 and continues for 12 months.
Resources will be designed to meet the needs of the residents and will include access to rehearsal and performance spaces, mentorship, administrative and production support, marketing, and a platform for producing and performing innovative new work.
- Company or lead artist(s) must be based in the Boston metropolitan area (within route 495)
- Company or lead artist(s) must have at least a three-year history of performance
- Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program are not eligible
- Company or lead artist(s) must have a demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Priority is given to companies/artists who are committed to new work and/or new takes on classic work
- Priority is given to companies whose operating budgets are below $100,000
- Company or artist(s) must be committed to paying artists a reasonable stipend
- Residents must have a demonstrated and robust commitment to their artistic practice and engaging the community